The Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) gives any person the right to:
- access copies of documents (except exempt documents) we hold
- ask for information we hold about you to be changed or annotated if it is incomplete, out of date, incorrect or misleading, and
- seek a review of our decision not to allow you access to a document or not to amend your personal record.
You can ask to see any document that we hold. We can refuse access to some documents, or parts of documents that are exempt. Exempt documents may include those relating to national security, documents containing material obtained in confidence and Cabinet documents, or other matters set out in the FOI Act.
If you would like to talk to us about requesting information, please email email@example.com.
Freedom of information disclosure log
The ASEA is required by section 11c of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 to publish a disclosure log on its website. The disclosure log lists information which has been released in response to an FOI access request. This requirement has applied since 1 May 2011.
FOI reference numberDate of accessFOI requestInformation published in the disclosure logOther information
Information Publication Scheme
Information Publication Scheme Agency Plan
As required under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (the FOI Act), the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency (the Agency) commits to including the following information on its website:
- details of the Agency’s structure
- details of the Agency’s functions
- details of statutory appointments of the Agency
- the Agency’s annual reports
- details of consultation arrangements for members of the public to comment on specific policy proposal
- information in documents to which the Agency routinely gives access in response to requests under the FOI Act
- information that the Agency routinely provides to Parliament
- details of an officer (or officers) who can be contacted about access to the Agency’s information or documents under the FOI Act.
- the Agency’s operational information, which is information that assists the Agency to exercise its functions or powers in making decisions or recommendations that affect members of the public. This includes the Agency’s rules, guidelines, practices and precedents relating to those decisions and recommendations.